Apply now – Goodenough College is welcoming applications for 2023-24
Our application portal is now open for applications from students who want to become Members of Goodenough’s warm and welcoming international community.
Choosing accommodation is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning your postgraduate studies. Goodenough’s award-winning accommodation in central London (we won the Best Specialist Housing (UK & Ireland) Award in the 2022 Global Student Living Awards). is a great choice for anyone looking for a supportive community with group study spaces, a lively programme of intellectual, cultural and social activities and excellent pastoral care
The Goodenough experience lasts a lifetime
Goodenough College provides a home for the brightest and best postgraduate students from around the world.
Rather than living with students from your university (perhaps even studying the same subject), Goodenough Members mix with other postgraduates who are studying at universities and colleges across London. As a Member you will make friends for life, meet extraordinary people (fellow Members and our visiting guests and speakers), expand your horizons and become part of a very special fellowship as one of our Goodenough Alumni.
“Becoming a Member of Goodenough has been like entering another family. You are surrounded by the most incredible people, all brought together by the friendly, generous spirit that is at the heart of the Goodenough ethos. Every decision made here is done with such a light touch and sense of humour.”
“Be open to engaging with people from different races and cultures. You are more or less entering into the United Nations, and you meet people that you probably thought you would never encounter. Take your studies seriously, but at the same time open your mind to another world.”
Everything you need on site
Goodenough College is a charitable institution which puts all the revenue it earns from its hotel and events businesses towards providing the best possible living and learning environment for Members. We also offer a range of Scholarships to ensure we attract the best students from around the world, regardless of their means.
If you join us you will benefit from:
- No hidden charges – heating, wi-fi, water and much more are all included in the rent.
- Flexible contracts – adjustable start and end dates, 28 days’ notice, after the first three months, and a scheme to sublet your room to Alumni if you are away.
- Free full wi-fi in your room or flat and throughout all buildings – no top-ups required for streaming, studying at home and attending online lectures.
- Full range of catering options – to allow Members to prepare their own food or dine in.
- 24/7 security – with CCTV, 24 hour reception and secure access cards.
- On site maintenance – to help resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
- Study facilities – libraries, study spaces and special music and art rooms are available on site.
- Social, creative and intellectual life – the College’s staff and Members host a huge range of activities.
- Fresh air! – Members have access to Mecklenburgh Square Gardens, a gorgeous outdoor space open only to residents of the Square as well as quads and terraces.
- 24/7 welfare services – on-site staff are available to provide dedicated support to anyone who needs to talk or get practical help.
- Multi-faith support –a chapel and prayer room are available on site for those who want to practice their faith or enjoy some quiet contemplation.
“The whole world is going through a cost of living crisis and you want to make sure you get the best for your investment in your postgraduate education,” says Registrar Caroline Persaud. “Goodenough College will enhance your studies through the excellent cultural, social and intellectual programme giving you the value added not offered at other accommodation options. Not only will you build your connections while at the College but this will continue when you join our network of over 20,000 alumni worldwide. Most of the College programme is free and the small number of paid events are heavily subsidised.
“The College has very favourable contractual terms allowing you to give 28 days’ notice after the first three months. In addition we have a scheme to allow you to sublet your accommodation if you are away and a ready market of keen Alumni who want to sublet your room or flat. All of this in addition to over £700k of financial support through scholarships, bursaries and hardship funds.”