London WC1N 2AB
£30,025 per annum
Hours of work
Shift pattern - see job description
February 12, 2024
Goodenough College provides accommodation to international postgraduate students in a friendly and collegiate setting. The College’s Reception team, based across the two College buildings, is the first point of contact for all guests and College Members. The team is now recruiting for a courteous, friendly and professional Night Receptionist to join our team.
We are looking for someone who can deliver a professional and friendly service which will leave visitors and Members with a positive lasting impression of the College. You will provide information, advice and guidance in an efficient and courteous manner and ensure the overall appearance of the reception area is always tidy and presentable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all guests and the College’s student Members receive a professional, warm and individual welcome, which gives a lasting and positive impression of the College.
- Answering all enquiries in a professional manner.
- Taking responsibility for carrying out all necessary operations when guests arrive and depart (check-in/check-out)
- Receiving and sorting mail and deliveries.
- Helping visitors and Members to store suitcases/luggage in the back office area.
- Responding professionally to a wide range of requests.
- Managing invoicing payments and cash operations during the day shift.
- Reporting all facilities and maintenance issues to the Helpdesk.
- Acquiring operational knowledge of all front of house services and know how to access these services to meet the Members’ requirements.
- Ensuring that reception is constantly staffed and kept immaculately clean and welcoming at all times.
- Demonstrating competence and confidence in the use of a range of IT systems.
- Completing daily end of shift reports.
- Becoming a First Aider and Fire Marshal (training given) and carrying out evacuation procedures.
Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English, be IT literate in MS Office and have some knowledge of hotel booking systems. Previous customer service experience is ideal. Most importantly, you must have an interest in being part of a vibrant and diverse College community.
All candidates must be able to show evidence of their right to live and work in the UK.
In return the College offers a supportive working environment with competitive pay and working conditions. See our Employee Terms and Benefits list for details.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, including a short cover letter informing us of the skills and job experiences you have relevant to the role, to Zakiyah Kihl, HR Manager email: email@example.com by 10am on 12 February 2024. If your application is shortlisted, interviews will take place on Monday 19 February 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further details and information on this post please download the job description below: