Staying COVID-19 secure
The College is committed to operating a safe work environment. As we identify and control the health risks posed by COVID-19 we will continue to communicate with staff and Members.
The College has consulted with, and received support from, Public Health England on our arrangements to keep our Members and staff safe. We continue to work to be fully compliant with the Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 as that develops.
The College has produced a risk assessment in line with the UK Government guidance paper working safely in offices, and current Health and Safety Executive (HSE) advice.
The risk assessment specifically focuses on the workplace environment and the risks posed to all staff, including directly appointed contractors.
Some of the key areas of focus are:
- Reducing social contact by allowing teams to work from home
- Measures to create 2 metre social distancing amongst staff , to include how meetings are held
- Flexible start and finish times
- Good hygiene and the provision of hand sanitiser at entry points to all buildings
- Increased cleaning of frequent touch points, bathrooms, and toilets
- Screens for reception areas
- Social distancing at break and meal times
- The management of visitors and contractors
Employees of our contractor teams should know that their managers continue to hold regular discussions on risk management with the Head of Facilities Management (FM), to ensure there is consistent best practice across all buildings, including the Hotel. This work is further supported through scheduled Health and Safety Committee meetings, chaired by the Head of FM, and attended by all contractor managers.
The risk assessment will be updated as the College develops its policies and timelines for reopening workspaces and communal space (meeting rooms etc.), in response to an increased number of Members returning.
Equally detailed risk assessments and adjustments have been carried in respect of our residential College Members.