As you will remember from your time as a Member there is always a wealth of activity going on at the College. Below you can find listed some of the upcoming events that are also open to Alumni, giving you the perfect reason to spend some time in the (online) company of Members and fellow Alumni.
All events will take place via Zoom. For details on how to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which event you would like to attend. Spaces are limited.
The Digital Gymnasia – Skills to help you navigate your life online
Goodenough Governor, Fellow and major donor Anni Rowland-Campbell is running a new series of courses for Alumni.
Anni says: “For the past few years I have been delivering “Digital Skills” workshops to interested students at Goodenough College, but 2020 offers us many new opportunities as the world wakes up to the power and potential of digital interaction technologies.
“We want to offer you the opportunity to think more consciously about the digital tools that now connect us, and to begin to develop further the digital muscle we need to better navigate and negotiate our lives online as this large-scale social experiment unfolds. Thus was born the Digital Gymnasia, a series of workshops where the emphasis is on education, play, and skill building through conversation and coaching and where we can explore some of the questions and issues which are arising.”
The first of these workshops, Digital 101, was held on Wednesday 10 June – followed two weeks later by the Digital Agora.
The dates for the upcoming workshops are:
- Your Digital Brand – crafting your presence online – Wednesday 15 July, 2020 from 12 – 1.30 pm UK time (GMT+1)
- Protecting yourself online – privacy and security online – Wednesday 29 July, 2020 from 12 – 1.30 pm UK time (GMT+1)
- The Politics of Technologies – how our cultural values and politics are playing out in our technologies – Wednesday 12 August, 2020 from 12 – 1.30 pm UK time (GMT+1)
- Seeing the World through Data – how data drives everything around us and why this is important – Wednesday 26 August, 2020 from 12 – 1.30 pm UK time (GMT+1)
In addition, Alumni are welcome to join in the following event in The Dean’s Studium series:
- The Dean’s Studium – a zoom facilitated space for the intellectually curious.
Tuesday 21 July, 2020 12 pm UK time (GMT+1)
Join the Dean of the College, Alan McCormack, as he hosts a 40 minute talk by Fellow William Chapman on The Bloomsbury Set, the group of associated English writers, intellectuals, philosophers and artists in the first half of the 20th century. Their works and outlook influenced literature, aesthetics, criticism and economics as well as modern attitudes towards feminism, pacifism and sexuality.
Due to COVID-19, all face-to-face events at Goodenough College are postponed until further notice.